First Baptist Church of San Marcos (FBCSM) has online giving available to those who prefer the ease of online giving. FBCSM offers online giving only as a convenience and not as a way to circumvent sound biblical money management principles or in any way to incur debt. FBCSM aims to create a culture that is wise in resources and generous in faith. We are committed to outreach and believe in supporting the local church through tithes and offerings. From managing your online giving account to donating to a mission trip, this page is central for everything giving at FBCSM.
Why give online?
We want to provide an opportunity for you to give that is secure, simple, fast, and convenient in the privacy of your home. Giving online also provides an opportunity for you to give should you miss a Sunday worship service due to illness or vacation. All contributions to FBCSM are recorded in our system, and you will receive a full year’s contribution statement in January of the following year for contributions made January – December of the prior year. Our online system is also compatible with all mobile devices.
Is it safe?
We are very serious about keeping your giving information confidential and secure. Only the Financial Secretary has access to your giving records, and we use a company that meets industry standards for security and privacy to process online payments. Once you click the link to contribute, you will be directed to a secure site where you may use your credit card, debit card, or fill out an electronic check (e-check) to give to the General Budget or to make a designated gift.
What online forms of payment are accepted?
Online giving allows you to set-up your giving using the following contribution options:
- debit cards
- credit cards
- e-checks (e-checks work much like a debit card, as the amount comes directly out of your bank account.)
Are there fees involved?
Some have asked how much online giving will cost FBCSM. When you use a debit or credit card, the cost to the church is approximately 2.25% in processor fees. E-checks have a 2.0% processor fee. All processor fees are paid by the church, and you will receive credit for every dollar you contribute regardless of the form of payment.
How can the fees to the church be reduced?
If you are interested in reducing the cost to the church in processor fees, we encourage you to consider making your contribution using your bank’s online bill pay service. The church incurs no fees for this form of contribution. NOTE: If you choose to use your bank’s online bill pay service, this form of contribution is not associated with our online service provider. It is solely set up by you through your financial institution. If you have questions regarding giving to designated funds using your bank’s bill pay service, please contact Lisa Livingston, Financial Secretary, at 512.392.3377.
Do I have to register/create a profile?
No, you can give online as a guest, but creating a profile will provide several benefits. Once you have registered, you will not have to enter your information each time you wish to give. You set up and control your online giving options yourself. You can designate where your giving goes (General Budget, Building Fund Debt Retirement, Missions, Property Repairs/Maintenance, etc.) and the frequency in which you give. You can also set up recurring payments on a cycle of your choosing, and you can login to track your yearly contributions. Finally, you can use the same profile to register for certain events online, such as youth and children’s camps, etc.
What are the benefits of giving online?
- You can prioritize giving in your budget. The Bible indicates giving is to be a “first” and not a last or leftover matter in your life. Proverbs 3:9-10: “Honor the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income and He will fill your barns with wheat and barley and overflow your wine vats with the finest wines.” It is easy to let our standards and intentions be compromised by the press of expenses and billing cycles. With online giving, your giving is done automatically. You can designate your gifts to the General Budget as well as to special projects and missions; however, we do not want you to incur debt in order to give to the church.
- You can increase your faithfulness. Have you ever forgotten your gift, left it at home or fallen behind because of travel, schedule interruptions or illness? Online giving provides a way to strengthen your faithfulness. James 1:17a: “Every good and perfect gift is from above.”
- You can help your church. Through online giving, you expedite your gift, simplify accounting, and strengthen your church’s base of regular support. Malachi 3:10-12: “‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty.’” The word ‘storehouse’ can be translated into the local community of faith to which believers are connected, in our case FBCSM.
- You can encourage faith and faithfulness in the lives of fellow believers. As you plan and prioritize your giving, you will lead the way for others to grow and mature in their spiritual stewardship. Being a forerunner in this new area of planned giving, you can provide personal testimony and be an example for others to follow.
Do I need or can I still use offering envelopes?
You are free to give via the weekly offering in the worship service by using tithe envelopes, by mailing your contribution in to the office, or now by the Internet, and we welcome you to give whatever God has called you to give, however God has called you to give. If you do give online, you may desire to place an empty offering envelope in the offering plate. Simply write on the front of the envelope “Give online.” There is no need to write your giving amounts on this envelope if you give online. Note online records will not reflect any manual giving.
For more information, please contact Lisa Livingston at 512.392.3377, or E-mail.